GSOC OUTING INFO 2015
Free events I would like to mention that are coming up and will be great fun for meet up of GSOC members. I will give more information on our meeting locations as time progresses and, as planning is in the works.
- April 16 is the first evening of City Market held on the 3rd Thursday of the month. A free event with live music, food vendors, and art and crafts, and all refreshment. There are also several restaurants adjacent to the location at South Elm St. The event begins 5:30 to 8:30 PM featuring Music by Lawyers, Guns and Money
http://www.gsocitymarket.com/ (event, schedule)
- April 26 Jazz at the new Gateway Gardens off of I-40/ I-85 at 2924 E Lee St. Music event 12:00 5:00 PM. I have not been to this event before but, it sounds worth checking out.
- May 21 begins the 12th annual event of Bill Blacks Beach Music Blast Concert Series supporting the Children’s Home Society of NC. The event time is 5:30 - 8:30 PM on Thursdays evening's for a night of great music, shagging, and fun. Sleeping Booty will head the first evening's entertainment.
Thursday Evenings, 5:30- 8:30 PM at Commerce Place. This location (this year) is between Friendly Ave. and Bellemeade St.
Tickets are $7.00 and can be purchased at the gate. More info to come.
2015 Concert Lineup
May 21 Sleeping Booty
May 28 The Embers
June 4 The Entertainers
June 11 Too Much Sylvia
June 18 Eric & the Chilltones
June 25 Liquid Pleasure
- June 7 is the annual Parisian Promenade In the beautiful Tanger Bicentennial Garden off of Hobbs St across from the Bog Garden. This events features music, art, and food and more including a dog parade. Dress up with a Parisian flair. Part of Hobbs St. will be closed off for safe pedestrian traffic and you may use the short shuttle. The event is 12:00 - 5:00 PM.
- June begins Music for a Sunday Evening in the Park (MUSEP). An outdoor series featuring local bands in various Greensboro parks from June-Aug. The dates are not posted as of now but, I have heard that it's first location will be at Blandwood On June 7. Keep posted.
- June 20 GSO celebrates the 11th Summer Solstice at the Arboretum. This fun event features music, art and crafts, food, other entertainment from 2:00 PM and iconcluding with a fire finale at 9:00PM. Dress up, get your glitter on and come play. This is an excellent family event.
That is all the information I have for now of mentioned current events. I will post more info or any changes to any event happenings. Meanwhile more efforts are in progress for other events that GSOC members can rendezvous and have fun.